We’re always looking for new music to add to our playlist. There are scores of unsigned talented children’s musicians, storytellers and book authors, and we love to showcase them. We have award-winning independent artists, unsigned acts as well as popular musicians on our play-list. If someone has a great tune, story or book for children, we want to play it. Submission Guidelines:
- Digital music submissions can be sent to music@WEENationRadio.com. If you’ve got some physical CDs to share, please send to: 2490 Market Street NE, #176, Washington, DC 20018-3851.
- You need to supply us with a digital download of tunes you want us to play on the radio. All submissions should be sent to music@WEENationRadio.com. Please send us a copy of your album art to display on the website and app. You can mail a copy to Devin Walker, Program Director, WEE Nation Radio, 2490 Market Street NE, #176, Washington, DC 20018-3851.
- It typically takes between 7 to 14 days for a confirmation on your music play out. We try to do it sooner. However, there are times we may have a backlog of artists who want airplay on WEENationRadio.com and we work on a first come first served basis. Once you get a confirmation email from us, we will indicate the date from when the music will start playing on the radio. It typically takes a day or two for the music to be on air from the time you get the confirmation email.
- Ultimately we will decide if your music fits our format. Please understand, though, that we do not judge your music and if you are not selected for airplay on WEENationRadio.com, it does not mean we don’t like your music – we love all music! However, please keep our format in mind when you submit music to WEENationRadio.com. We target children of African descent and beyond between the ages of 3 and 10 and their parents.
- WEENationRadio.com can be heard through our website or our app available for IOS and Android. We will also be available on all major internet directories.
- If you have restrictions on which tracks we may or may not play, you must CLEARLY communicate that information to us along with your submission, or anytime thereafter. Your only recourse if we select tracks for airplay that you do not wish played on WEENationRadio.com is to inform us you would like your track(s) pulled from the playlist, and we will promptly comply.
- We do not charge a fee for airplay. However we expect you to promote yourself and our station on your social media, website and mailing lists.
- We cover all royalties for artists who are registered through SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC licenses in the United States, as well as SOCAN and Re:Sound for Canada, and PPL and PRS for Music for the U.K. For those artists who are not affiliated with any of the these performing rights organizations, then you grant WEE Nation Radio the right to play your music on all of our platforms free of charge. It is your responsibility to contact your performing rights organization for payment information related to royalties on our station.
- Most successful artists who get constant airplay on WEENationRadio.com promote themselves heavily, which works for both the artist as well as the station. A simple tweet such as “Tune into my XYZ track on WEENationRadio.com” works magic for both the radio station as well as you. Another good idea is to make posters with both logos, which help in multiple re-tweets and a win-win for both the station and you.
- We tend to promote artists who are committed in marketing themselves and the station. Internet air time costs money and, though we want to promote good music and grow the children's music community, we can use your help in spreading the word about our station. We anticipate that WEENationRadio.com will get good traffic and we promote artists through interviews that are posted on our website, blog page and social media accounts.
* indicates required